There are certain improvement projects that almost no homeowner wants to take on, like repairing a sinking foundation or installing a new HVAC system. But some projects, like painting, seem at first glance to be an easy DIY undertaking. After all, who can’t dip a brush in a bucket and spread paint on a wall? At Fortune Restoration we’ve worked as painters in Wilmette and other Chicagoland communities since 1979 and has completed thousands of projects on homes, businesses and historical landmarks, we know that painting is not as easy as it looks. Whatever the project, a paint job that you can be proud of requires extreme patience and a high level of skill. At Fortune Restoration, we also know that extensive preparation is a crucial first step in completing a painting project that will add beauty and value to your home or business for years to come.
Here are a few of the steps our professionals take in preparing the interior of your home or office.
- Removal of furniture and covering of all flooring or carpets
- Covering areas not to be painted, including floors, windows, countertops and cabinets, among others
- Removal of popcorn ceiling, if needed
- Removal of electrical plates, lights, doors and any other obstacles
- Removal of old wallpaper
- Drywall repaired, nail holes spackled and enamel surfaces lightly sanded
Once we start painting and complete the project, our foreman will meet with you to make sure you’re completely satisfied with our work.
For exterior work, we do the following.
- Cover all plants, landscape, outdoor furniture and grills
- Remove shutters, if you have them
- Wash the house to remove dirt and mildew
- Scrape and feather-sand the surface to remove old paint
- Putty all window sashes and caulk holes, cracks and voids
- Make minor carpentry repairs like nailing in any loose shakes, shingles or molding
- Look for rotten or broken wood that may need replacing
- Prime all new and exposed wood surfaces
When finished, we’ll have a walk-through to guarantee your complete satisfaction. If you’re looking for painters in Wilmette or other Chicagoland communities, the search can be challenging. But based on our years of experience and the skill and professionalism of our painters, we know you can’t go wrong with Fortune Restoration. So call us today at 847-647-2500 for your free, no-obligation estimate and let us be your painters-of-choice in Wilmette.